Baby teeth are the first teeth to erupt in your child’s mouth. These teeth often appear between four and six months of age, and they help your child chew naturally and speak clearly. They have another important job, too: They act as placeholders for the permanent teeth, which begin to erupt in the early elementary school years. Taking care of your child’s baby teeth and later, permanent teeth can lay the groundwork for healthy smiles for many years to come. Our Northridge pedodontist can help.
Our pedodontist in Northridge offers a variety of preventive treatments for children, including:
• Early dental exams, which are important for monitoring erupting teeth, developing jaws, and overall dental health
• Professional cleanings to remove plaque and tartar buildup and ensure teeth are clean and healthy
• Fluoride treatments, which help harden and remineralize dental enamel in developing and erupted teeth
• Dental sealants, which provide a barrier between the chewing surfaces of teeth and oral bacteria and acids
• Whitening treatments. Our expert in teeth whitening in Northridge employs the utmost care when removing stains from children’s teeth.
Northridge Kids Dentist
We take a proactive approach towards children’s dentistry. Our Northridge pedodontist will explain the best way for you and your children to take care of their teeth. Good dental hygiene is the foundation of a healthy smile. Start by wiping your baby’s gums after feeding them. Once teeth erupt, you can brush them using a soft baby toothbrush. Do not put your baby to bed with a bottle of milk, formula, or anything other than water. This could lead to “baby bottle tooth decay”. When your child is old enough to brush their own teeth, monitor it until they have developed good brushing and flossing habits.
Children’s dentists understand the unique dental health needs of children. Our pedodontist in Northridge maintains a warm, friendly manner that appeals to kids of all ages, and our office has been designed with children in mind. We work to make your child’s visit a positive one from start to finish so that your child develops healthy, positive dental health attitudes. Call us today to find out more or to schedule an appointment with our Northridge dentist.
Visit our Northridge kids dentist to learn how to help your children improve their oral health and maintain a healthy, beautiful smile as they age. Talk to our Northridge childrens dentist to see how dental treatments can help kids improve their overall health as well.
Back to Articles